Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Laparoscopic Nissen Fundoplication


A +
... That is the score I received from my Doctor!!!
On May 14th I underwent surgery for "Gerd" the procedure is called Laparoscopic Nissen Fundoplication... "Nissen" for short..
20 days have past, & I'm almost back to normal, If you could ever call me "normal",,, I feel like I am about at 80%.. and nary a purple pill in sight, If you have Gerd/Reflux, then you know what I speak of! One night in the hospital, and they send me home with a belly full of holes, Well, only 6 but they HURT!,,,, First, 48 hours at home I slept, my first milestone was actually getting out of the bed by myself,, "hooooorah".... Second week I could actually walk like a human and not Mrs Frankenstein... I want to take this opportunity to thank all my Family, friends & Co-workers for all the thoughts, prayers & goodies....you have bestowed on me. On a second note, I could not have made it without the loving help from Jack, Thank You Darlin for all the chicken broth, popsicles and popping percocet down my throat when I was grouchy! I love you....

1 comment:

Blondie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

About Me

My photo
Fort Worth, Texas, United States