Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving Traditions

Every Thanksgiving we put up our Christmas Tree, This year was no different,,, Even though we are not home in Texas, we make due here at Fort Jackson. We had a little bit of help this year... The above picture is my Great Nephew... Kye.. He was a big help, Not to sure I could of done it without him...
Now, if you are looking at our tree & thinking to your self, it looks a little sad, Not to worry,,, It is supposed to look like this... This is our special tree... It is our "Travel Tree"!!
You may be asking yourself, what is a Travel Tree... I coveted a grand idea from my BFF "Nett".. She told me how every time she went anywhere they purchased a Key Chain, and at the end of the year they would put it on the tree, I LOVE THAT IDEA!... So, for the past few years we have been collecting our Key chains where we go... (I wished we'd started years ago) It is especially wonderful this year to share our travels with my Niece Chancie & Nephew-In-Law Justin..

Justin is based at Fort Bragg just down the road a bit.. He leaves for Iraq on Monday 1 December 2008, Our hearts & prayers will be with him.. While he is gone, My niece is expecting Kye's brother in February,,

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO EVERYONE!


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Blondie said...

PRE-SHUS!

GirlonTour said...

Wow! That has gotta be hard for your niece but I am mighty thankful for her hubby's help all the way over here!

And your nephew is just A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E!

About Me

My photo
Fort Worth, Texas, United States