6 Month Update: No More Purple Pills!!!!!
Hello everyone who does a google search for:
Laproscopic Nissen Fundoplication.. I notice I get quite a few hits about my blog on this subject, My surgery was 6 months ago,, How am I doing?
I'm doing GREAT! I'm so happy I had the procedure, I wished I'd done it sooner....
- No more Purple Pills
- Sleeping all night with "zero pain"
- I've actually lost weight
- My eating habits have changed for the better
- I can't finish a soda
- Smaller meals, More frequent
- I can't eat bread that has not been toasted
- I can't burp to save my life
- The air has to find a way out (You do the math)
- You must eat slower (which is actually a Pro)
These are just a few of the highlights, It has actually changed the way I do everything from exercise to sleeping.... Those of you with Gerd/Acid Reflux know the misery we have (Did have, Ha ha)....Those who are considering this procedure I say what are you waiting for..? Please, by all means if you have any questions ask your Doctor, If you want to talk to someone who has been thru this along with with all the other goodies that goes with it ... don't hesitate to ask ..... @ FlyAArmy@gmail.com. My Doctor gave me the text book spiel about what I could expect, she handed me all the pamphlets, I read all the information... I just wished I could of spoken to someone prior to the procedure. Not that it would of really mattered, Once I heard that I would not have to deal with heartburn anymore... I ran to the operating room and said: "I'm next"...
Of course, I went thru all the pre-op procedures:
- EGD with biopsies
- Esophageal manometry
- 24 hour pH study off acid medications (7 days off PPIs; 48 hrs off H2 receptor blocker)
- I was @ 87% stomach acid level...A Normal person is at 14%
- Barium esophagram
TBH (The better half) & Nurse Maid, said he was actually impressed at how quick I recovered. I followed the "Diet" they give you for about 3 weeks, Then I said the heck with this and started eating real food as tolerated... (Nacho's not a good idea for awhile.. just an FYI) I wish you all the best & Thanks for lookin ....