Saturday, July 18, 2009

What makes a good Marriage?.....Seventy Five Cents


Today ,,, My Better Half & I celebrate our 18th Wedding Anniversary... We were married on the 4th of July,
I know I know today is the 18th of July,,  As a Flight Attendant & A Soldier, We don't always get to celebrate on "Our Date",,    We celebrate today:   We arrived in California last night to check out Napa Valley!!  On this date I did want to share with you,    What Makes a GOOD Marriage!

Okay, I honestly don't have a CLUE what makes a good marriage, Sorry folks, I can answer that!! But wait..Before you click off my Blog, I do have a story to share with you, That can help in ANY Relationship you're in!!

While I was based in Germany, My Better Half (BH) came to visit me on an R&R from Iraq, It was great!!! While preparing to leave, We hit the laundry mat, We had our dollars out, stood in line & got our quarters...I made sure we had enough quarters for the wash & we had 75 Cents left over for the dryers!, We had 3 loads of laundry, & to dry 3 loads was 25 cents a load.. Ergo ~ 75 Cents!

Well, While waiting for our clothes in the wash we ran across the street to the Post Exchange (PX) Walked the isles, flipped thru a few magazines & 30 minutes later, the BH informed me, He'd run across the street to check on our clothes,,
"Isn't he thoughtful", I say to myself, He returns a few minutes later & he says he put the clothes in the dryer!

Now, I know what you are thinking, Why is she blogging about this, She has a good husband, He does laundry, I bet her even takes out the trash, & He does!!

I'm a very picky person when it comes to laundry!, Lights, Darks, Jeans, Towels they all have their place, Don't act like you don't know what I'm talkin about!...

We returned to pull our Clean, Dry, clothes out of the dryers..NO? 
We returned to pull our Clean, Dry, clothes our of the D R Y E R!

Singular..

He took all Three loads of clean clothes & put them all in ONE Dryer!

I shoot him a look, "If you are married you know this look"

I said to him,, "What did you do?" 

To dry was 25 Cents per dryer, We had three loads, Three Dryers, A quarter each..

Right??

He said to me,, "The Clothes are DRY, Wasn't that the point?"

Are you Kidding ME??

We exchanged a few Sweet Words to one another!!

Moral of the story? 

It got done! There is more than One way, to get a task done!

Now when the BH & I get into a situation about how to tackle an event, We say
SEVENTY-FIVE CENTS, BABY! SEVENTY-FIVE CENTS...

BH & I had to attend a mandatory Marriage Retreat, (Yes, Mandatory) The U.S. Army is trying to help the divorce rate we have... Good Call, While in our retreat, We were asked what is the "Secret to your marriage?" Okay,, They asked all of us.. We giggled & Said "Seventy Five Cents" & Then the BH Fessed up ,,, & I don't do laundry...EVER!

Happy 4th of July Everyone!  (If you see any Fireworks tonight, Not to Worry, IT's JUST US!!)

3 comments:

Wendi said...

This is awesome! Congratulations to you both!

Unknown said...

This is funny!

The Flying Pinto said...

That is great! I think every guy thinks you can wash EVERYTHING together!! My husband and I do our own laundry too: ) Happy Anniversary...hope your trip was amazing!

About Me

My photo
Fort Worth, Texas, United States